Alatornio – Nedertorneå
|• Land||927.4 km2 (358.1 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Alatornio Church was built in 1797 in the neoclassical style, replacing older buildings which have existed since at least the 14th century. Remnants of a medieval church built in the 15th century can be seen opposite the main entrance today. The church is protected as part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Petter Abram Herajärvi (1830-1885), satirical poet, known as the "Preacher of Limeland".
- Ville Pörhölä, shot putter, olympic gold medalist
- Statistical Yearbook of Finland 1971 Statistics Finland. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Alatornio Church". Discoveringfinland.com. Archived from the original on 19 September 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Wallenius-Korkalo, Sandra (8 April 2016). Progress or Perish: Northern Perspectives on Social Change. Routledge. p. 49. ISBN 978-1-317-07527-1.