|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Princeton University (A.B)|
|Occupation||News anchor, former Republican strategist|
|Employer||Mercury Radio Arts|
|Home town||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|This article is part of a series on|
the United States
Amy M. Holmes (born July 25, 1973) is an American journalist and political commentator. Holmes co-hosts, with fellow commentator Michael Gerson, a politically conservative-oriented talk show on PBS titled "In Principle."  She is a former contributor to NBC News.
Holmes formerly was a news anchor on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze TV and a former host of TheBlaze's news discussion program Real News. From 2015 to 2016, she hosted Way Too Early, which airs week-days on MSNBC at 5:30 a.m. Eastern Time, as a lead-in to Morning Joe. She also has appeared as an independent political contributor for CNN and on Fox News, and has appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher numerous times.
Life and career
She has guest co-hosted The View and co-hosted Fox News' Glenn Beck while Beck was on the road with his "Unelectable" show. She has also appeared on the HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher. She was an anchor of a morning radio program syndicated by the Washington Times newspaper called "America's Morning News". She has appeared with Cenk Uygur on MSNBC Live, and on Reliable Sources, Morning Joe, and Media Buzz.
After working for several years for Independent Women's Forum, from 2003 to 2006, Holmes wrote Senate floor statements for Bill Frist, a two-term United States Senator from Tennessee and Republican Majority Leader.
- "Association of Black Princeton Alumni". Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "PBS launching new conservative political talk show". 28 February 2018. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "CNN". cnn.com. Archived from the original on 21 December 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "Amy Holmes Pt. 1 – The Q&A Cafe with Carol Joynt". YouTube. 31 December 1969. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "Amy Holmes: Political Commentator". People Magazine. May 8, 2000. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- Argetsinger, Amy; Roberts, Roxanne (November 28, 2006). "Hot Topics but No Heated Discussions As Amy Holmes Sits In on 'The View'". Washington Post. Retrieved 2011-04-27. (in The Reliable Source)
- Baker, Scott; Stephans, Liz (August 10, 2011), Blaze Editor-In-Chief Scott Baker Sits Down with Blaze GBTV News Anchor Amy Holmes, The B-Cast with Scott Baker & Liz Stephans, archived from the original (podcast) on November 7, 2012
- Limpert, Ann; Graff, Garrett M. (July 1, 2006). "20 Fabulous Singles: Amy Holmes
They're smart, funny, successful, and available – for now". Washingtonian magazine. Archived from the original on 10 November 2006. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Beck, Glenn (August 9, 2011), GBTV names Amy Holmes new anchor for The Blaze (embedded video), GlennBeck.com