Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bed-mould, in architecture, is a kind of moulding found under the cornice, of which it is a part.[1] Similar to crown moulding, a bed mould is used to cover the joint between the ceiling and wall. Bed moulds can be either sprung or plain, or flush to the wall as an extension of a cornice mould.[2]


  1. ^  One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from a publication now in the public domainChisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Bed-Mould". Encyclopædia Britannica. 3 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 622.
  2. ^ "Bed Mould". Retrieved November 23, 2015.