Better than You (Metallica song)
|"Better Than You"|
|Single by Metallica|
|from the album Reload|
|Released||July 16, 1998|
|Recorded||1996 at The Plant Studios, Sausalito, California|
|Metallica singles chronology|
"Better Than You" is a song by American heavy metal band Metallica. It is the fifth track on their seventh album, Reload. The song was originally titled "Better". It won the 1999 Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance, the band's fourth award in that category. The song is about somebody who's obsessed of the struggle to be better than somebody else. The band performed a jam of the song for the first time in London in 1995. The single cover features the same picture as the cover of Metallica's Cunning Stunts as well as on the final page of Reload. The song qualifies on all grounds, with lyrics full of festering resentment, and Hammett giving a lengthy solo.
1998 CD promo (USA: Elektra PRCD 1149-2)
- "Better than You" – 4:45
1998 CD promo (USA: Elektra PRCD 1165-2)
- "Better than You" (edit) – 4:44
- James Hetfield – lead vocals, rhythm guitar, producer
- Kirk Hammett – lead guitar
- Jason Newsted – bass, backing vocals
- Lars Ulrich – drums, producer
- Bob Rock – producer
- "Past Winners Search". Grammy.com. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- "Better Than You". encycmet.com. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- "BETTER THAN YOU". 4horsemensite.com. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- Wall, Mick (March 1, 2011). Metallica: The Music And The Mayhem. Omnibus Press. p. 160. ISBN 1849386625.
- "Better Than you CD-promo 1". encycmet.com. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- "Better Than you CD-promo 2". encycmet.com. Retrieved March 23, 2010.