Bilabial ejective fricative
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bilabial ejective fricative|
|IPA Number||126 + 401|
|Unicode (hex)||U+0278 U+02BC|
Features of the bilabial ejective fricative:
- Its manner of articulation is fricative, which means it is produced by constricting air flow through a narrow channel at the place of articulation, causing turbulence.
- Its place of articulation is bilabial, which means it is articulated with both lips.
- Its phonation is voiceless, which means it is produced without vibrations of the vocal cords.
- It is an oral consonant, which means air is allowed to escape through the mouth only.
- The airstream mechanism is ejective (glottalic egressive), which means the air is forced out by pumping the glottis upward.
- List of languages with [ɸʼ] on PHOIBLE
|This phonetics article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|