Emblem of Kazakhstan
|Emblem of Kazakhstan|
|Armiger||Republic of Kazakhstan|
|Adopted||4 June 1992 (original cyrillic-text version)|
1 November 2018 (current latin-text version)
|Use||The Cyrillic-text version used between 1992 and 2018|
The emblem of Kazakhstan (Kazakh: Қазақстан елтаңбасы Qazaqstan eltańbasy) was adopted on June 4, 1992. The authors of the emblem are Jandarbek Melibekov and Shota Walikhanov. About 245 projects and 67 description designs of the future arms took part in the final competition. Like other post-Soviet republics whose symbols do not predate the October Revolution, the current emblem retains some components of the Soviet one, in this case, rising sun rays and star. Prior to 1992, Kazakhstan had a coat of arms similar to all other Soviet Republics.
The emblem is an image of shanyrak (Kazakh: Шаңырақ, Shańyraq; more often seen in the Russian transcription, Шанырак, shanyrak), the upper dome-like portion of a yurt, against a sky blue background which irradiates (in the form of sun rays) uyks (supports) set off by wings of mythical horses, inspired by Tulpar which represent bravery. The circle shape of the Emblem is a symbol of a life and eternity. The shanyrak symbolizes well-being of family, peace and calmness.
A design very similar to the Kazakh shangyraq is used in the flag of neighboring Kyrgyzstan; it is known as tunduk in Kyrgyz.
The colour version of the national emblem of the Republic of Kazakhstan consists of two colours: gold and sky blue. The golden colour corresponds to a light, clear future of Kazakh people, and the blue sky colour is a symbol of aspiration to the peace, consent, friendship and unity with all people.
The name of the country in Kazakh, QAZAQSTAN, is in the lower part of the coat of arms. The name was in cyrillic script (ҚA3AҚCTAH) before amendment of the national standard of the Emblem of Kazakhstan since November 1, 2018.
Official rendering of the coat of arms in national standard (СТ РК 989-2014)
- Official site of the Akimat of Pavlodar Province - National emblem of the Republic of Kazakhstan Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2012-03-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Official site of the President of Kazakhstan - National emblem of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- «О некоторых вопросах стандартизации»: "По всему тексту стандарта и в Приложениях А-З слово «ҚАЗАҚСТАН» на кириллице заменить на «QAZAQSTAN» на латинской графике."
- Государственный Герб Республики Казахстан Технические условия
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Coats of arms of Kazakhstan.|