Information and Communications Technology Academy
|Motto||Dare to be different. Be a Game Changer.|
Nexus Campus7434 iACADEMY Nexus Yakal St., Bgy. San Antonio, Makati City, Philippines
|Colours||Blue and white|
|Affiliations||Microsoft, Wacom, IBM, Toon Boom Animation|
Information and Communications Technology Academy, better known as iAcademy (stylized as iACADEMY) is a private, non-sectarian educational institution in the Philippines. The college offers specialized senior high school and undergraduate programs in fields relating to computer science, game development, multimedia arts, animation, and business management.
Founded in 2002, iACADEMY offers specialized degree programs in BS Computer Science with specialization in Software Engineering, BS Computer Science with specialization in Cloud Computing Specialization Track in partnership with amazon Web Services, BS Computer Science with specialization in Data Science Specialization track, BS Information Technology with specialization in Web Development, BS Bachelor of Science in Entertainment and Multimedia Computing Game Development, BS Business Administration with specialization in Marketing Management, BS in Accountancy, BS in Real Estate Management, BA in Psychology, BA Fashion Design and Technology, BA Multimedia Arts and Design, BS in Animation, BA in Film and Visual Effects, and in 2007 iACADEMY was granted permission by the Commission on Higher Education, to offer the first Bachelor of Science animation program in the Philippines. is the one of the first college institutions in the Philippines offering BS Animation. iACADEMY's School of Continuing Education offers similar short courses aimed at working professionals.
iACADEMY uses an industry-aligned curriculum in its degree programs that is focused in Computing, Business, and Design. The four-year programs culminate in a six-month, 960-hour internship program that the students have to go through before graduating.
By 2014, iACADEMY moved to a new and bigger campus in Buendia to house its growing student population. On the same year, iACADEMY signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Aboitiz Weather Philippines to develop a website and application for a faster and more user-friendly experience on weather reports.
iACADEMY was also able to lock down a study tour partnership with Polimoda, Italy's leading school of Fashion and Marketing, as well as a transfer program with De Paul University in Chicago, USA. The school also, together with the Animation Council of the Philippines (ACPI) also hosted the Animahenasyon 2014, the biggest Animation Festival in the Philippines, drawing thousands of students and professionals to the event.
In 2018, due to its growing population, iACADEMY opens its second campus, iACADEMY Nexus, on Yakal Street, Makati.
In 2009, iACADEMY became an Authorized Training Partner of Wacom, a Japanese company that produces graphics tablets and related products.
In 2010, iACADEMY partnered with TV5 during the first automated elections in the Philippines. Together with DZRH Manila Broadcasting Radio, Manila Broadcasting Company (MBC), Legal Network for Truthful Elections (LENTE), Stratbase, Inc. Public Affairs and Research Consultancy Group, ePLDT, Inc., and Social Weather Stations (SWS), they worked to bring up-to-date election coverage. In the same year, the college was appointed the first IBM Software Center of Excellence in the ASEAN Region and the first Lotus Academic Institute.
In 2011, iACADEMY was chosen by Solar Entertainment Corporation to be the official partner-school and workspace of the third season of Project Runway Philippines. In 2019, the school becomes the first and only Toon Boom Center of Excellence in Asia.
The college offers four Senior High School tracks, offering ten programs, and three schools that offers ten undergraduate degree programs in computer sciences, business managements, and arts. These programs offered include fields mainly in arts, computer science, and business management.
There are four tracks that are being offered in iACADEMY. First is the Academic Track, which offers two strands in Accountancy Business and Management (ABM) and Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS), second is the Technical Vocational (Tech-Voc) Track, which offers four strands in Computer Programming (Software Development), Animation, Fashion Design, and Graphic Illustration, third is the Arts and Design Track offers two strands in Multimedia Arts and Audio Production, and last is the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Track, which only offers Robotics as its strand.
School of Computing
The School of Computing is the first IBM Center of Excellence (CoE) in the ASEAN region and the official Microsoft Training Center in the Philippines. The school offers three Bachelor of Science degrees in Computer Science (Software Engineering) with specialization in Software Engineering Specialization track, Cloud Computing Specialization Track in partnership with amazon Web Services, or Data Science Specialization track, Entertainment and Multimedia Computing (Game Development), and IT (Web Development).
School of Business and Liberal Arts
The School of Business and Liberal Arts offers three Bachelor of Science degrees in Business Administration with Specialization in Marketing Management, Accountancy, Real Estate Management, and one Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.
School of Design
The School of Design is the first to offer an animation program in the Philippines and the only Toon Boom Center of Excellence in Asia. It is also partnered with Wacom Authorized Training Partners to provide students with the latest technologies. The school offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Animation and two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Multimedia Arts and Design, Fashion Design and Technology, Film and Visual Effects.
The senior high school program follows the semester calendar which usually starts from August and ends in June, while the college follows a trimester calendar starting from July. New students are offered to join SOAR (Student Orientation and Registration), an event that is held a week before the start of classes, to introduce the students around the campus.
- SOAR (Student Orientation and Registration) - An event to orient new students to the school
- Creative Camp - Free art workshops
- Battle League - Gaming competition to promote the Game Development industry
Senior High School
- Anime Habu
- Basic Integrated Theater Arts Guild of iACT (BiTAG)
- CTRL Dance Troupe
- iACADEMY Contribute, Connect, Continuum (iCON)
- iACADEMY Junior Software Developers Association (iJSDA)
- iACADEMY Student Council (CS)
- Juniors Games Developers Association of iACADEMY (JGDA)
- Magnates - SHS Chapter
- OCTAVE - SHS Chapter
- Prima - SHS Chapter
- Sining na Nakglilikha ng Buhay (SinLikHay)
- Student Athletes Society - SHS Chapter
- The Spines
- Young Filmmakers Society of iACADEMY (YFS)
- Creative Society
- Filmmakers Society of iACADEMY (FSi)
- iACADEMY Making Positive Action (iMPACT)
- iACADEMY Photography Society (Optics)
- iACADEMY Student Council (CSO)
- International Games Developers Association of iACADEMY (IGDA)
- Magnates - College Chapter
- OCTAVE - College Chapter
- Pikzel Graphic Design
- Prima - College Chapter
- Software Engineering through Academics and Leadership (SEAL)
- Student Athletes Society - College Chapter
- CHED grants iACADEMY the first Bachelor of Science Animation program Archived 2009-08-03 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 19 August 2009.
- "Academic Programs" Archived 2014-02-25 at the Wayback Machine, iACADEMY.
- "iSCE". Archived from the original on 2015-05-25. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "iACADEMY Bridges Gap Between Academe and Industry". Manila Times. September 7, 2014. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "iACADEMY and Aboitiz Weather Philippines". Malaya Business Insight. June 20, 2014. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "iACADEMY partners with Polimoda". Manila Bulletin. September 26, 2014. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "Message of the President About Animahenasyon 2014". Official Gazette. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- Abad, Roderick. "iACADEMY opens 2nd campus in Makati". BusinessMirror. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "tv5 partnership"
- "IBM Center of Excellence". PhilStar. December 20, 2010. Archived from the original on May 25, 2015. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "Project Runway partners with iACADEMY". PhilStar. March 22, 2012. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "Project Runway Philippines" Archived 2014-02-25 at the Wayback Machine
- Abad, Roderick. "iAcademy earns COE accreditation from Hollywood animation software maker". BusinessMirror. Retrieved 2019-04-04.