|Born||February 2, 1959|
He writes traditional plot-driven prose, ranging from humorous (Poliisin poika) to a detective story (Myyrä). His works often include autobiographical elements; for example, Kallellaan is a diary, and Minun sukuni tarina has a protagonist who is the author himself, all but in name. Despite his renown in Finland, only one of his novels have been translated into English: Among the Saints (Pyhiesi Yhteyteen) in 2014.
- The Court of the North (Pohjan hovi, 1992)
- Policeman's Son (Poliisin poika, 1993)
- Among the Saints (Pyhiesi yhteyteen, 1995) - published in English in 2014.
- Windswept Expanse (Tuulikaappimaa, 1997)
- My Family Chronicle (Minun sukuni tarina, 1999)
- Kallellaan (2000)
- Suomemme heimo (2001)
- Rautapää (2002)
- The Mole (Myyrä, 2004)
- Ohrana (2006)
- Troikka (2008)
- Koljatti (2009)
- Layla (2011)
Media related to Jari Tervo at Wikimedia Commons