|• City manager||Marlene Svens|
|• Total||175.36 km2 (67.71 sq mi)|
|• Land||10.49 km2 (4.05 sq mi)|
|• Water||164.87 km2 (63.66 sq mi)|
|Area rank||312th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||286th largest in Finland|
|• Density||122.31/km2 (316.8/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||68.1% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||11.2%|
|• 15 to 64||47.1%|
|• 65 or older||41.7%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||22%|
Kaskinen (Finnish: [ˈkɑskinen]; Swedish: Kaskö) is a town, municipality and island of Finland. It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Ostrobothnia region. The population of Kaskinen is 1,283 (31 March 2021) and the municipality covers an area of 10.49 km2 (4.05 sq mi) (excluding sea areas) of which 0.16 km2 (0.062 sq mi) is inland water (1 January 2018). The population density is 122.31/km2 (316.8/sq mi). Kaskinen is the smallest municipality in Finland with a town status and its only border neighbor is the town of Närpes. Town was founded in 1785 on an island by King Gustav III of Sweden and since then it has been one of the most important harbours of Finland.
King Gustav Square (Finnish: Kuningas Kustaan aukio)
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Preliminary population structure by area, 2021M01*-2021M03*". StatFin (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003-2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- The Island Town of Artisans, Fishermen and Sailors – Visit Kaskinen
Media related to Kaskinen at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Kaskinen – Official website
- BBLogistics OY – Official website, operates in Kaskinen Port since 1991
- Map of Kaskinen