Lübeck-Travemünde Hafen station
|Location||Vogteistr. 13, Travemünde, Schleswig-Holstein|
|Architectural style||Art Nouveau|
|Opened||1 August 1882|
|Electrified||14 December 2008|
Lübeck-Travemünde Hafen station (also known as the Lübeck Hafenbahnhof in German) in Lübeck district of Travemünde in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein. It is one of three railway stations in Travemünde along with Lübeck-Travemünde Strand station.
The station was built by the Lübeck-Büchen Railway Company (Lübeck-Büchener Eisenbahn, LBE), which opened the railway from Lübeck to Travemünde in 1882. It originally ended at Travemünde Hafen station, but the line was extended to Travemünde Strand station in 1898. A three km-long branch line from Travemünde Hafen station to Niendorf on the Baltic Sea was opened in 1913 to improve access to this tourist spot. As part of this work a new station building was built to a design by Fritz Klingholz, who had also designed the new Travemünde Strand station a little earlier. The branch line to Niendorf, however, was closed in 1974. The station building was sold in 1996 and is now used as a restaurant. The station, which has been heritage-listed since 1992, was modernised in 2004 and a new outdoor platform was built on the former track 1 next to the former station building. The island platform on tracks 2 and 3 was abandoned. The freight tracks with a free loading track and loading ramp west of the entrance building (tracks 12 and 13) and the tracks north of the platforms (track 4–8) were abandoned and are no longer connected and have been partly dismantled. The station and the track have been electrified since 2008.
The following service stops at the station:
|Train class||Route||Timetable route|
|(Hamburg Hauptbahnhof on summer weekends) – Lübeck Hauptbahnhof – Lübeck-Dänischburg/IKEA (from December 2014) – Lübeck-Kücknitz – Lübeck-Travemünde Skandinavienkai – Lübeck-Travemünde Hafen – Lübeck-Travemünde Strand||KBS 104|
- "Stationspreisliste 2021" [Station price list 2021] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 16 November 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland (German railway atlas) (2009/2010 ed.). Schweers + Wall. 2009. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.
- "Stadtbildprägende Bedeutung?" (in German). Travemünde.aktuell. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Bahnhöfe" (in German). travemuende.de. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Ikea: Bahnhaltepunkt Dänischburg eröffnet erst im Dezember". Lübecker Nachrichten (in German). 11 March 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lübeck-Travemünde Hafen station.|