Lahti University of Applied Sciences
Lahti University of Applied Sciences (LAMK) (Finnish: Lahden ammattikorkeakoulu) is a multidisciplinary institution of higher professional education, formerly known as Lahti Polytechnic in Lahti, Finland.
LAMK is located in Southern Finland, 100 km from the capital of Helsinki. The four faculties of LAMK operate in one campus in Mukkula, Lahti,
Briefly about LAMK
Lahti University of Applied Sciences is owned by LUT University. The head of Lahti University of Applied Sciences is President, Turo Kilpeläinen.
LAMK is a regional centre of expertise with over 5,000 students and approximately 400 full-time teaching staff. Annually LAMK employs about 70 part-time teachers from other academic institutions, business and industry.
Fields of Study
LAMK operates in the fields of business and hospitality management, design and communication, social and health care, technology and engineering and technology. LAMK has over 20 degree programmes with over 40 specialisation lines.
The bachelor's and master's degree programmes at LAMK have been designed to respond to the demands and development needs of business and industry. Active collaboration with business, industry and other organisation are an integral part of studies.
- Faculty of Business and Hospitality Management
- Institute of Design
- Faculty of Social and Health Care
- Faculty of Technology
Studies in English
Three Bachelor's degree programmes and two Master's degree programme are taught entirely in English. In addition, individual study modules and courses are available in English at faculties. Many courses, where instruction is not formally available in English, can be negotiated between the examiner and the student, especially in areas of art, design and music.
Bachelor's Degree Programmes
- Degree programme in Business Information Technology
- Degree programme in International Business
- Degree programme in Nursing
Master's Degree Programmes
- Degree Programme in International Business Management
- Degree Programme in Environmental Technology
Studies in Finnish
LAMK offers several studies taught in Finnish.
Faculty of Business and Hospitality Management Studies
- Business Management
- Business Logistics
- Business Information Technology
- Hospitality Management
- International Business Management (Master's degree)
Institute of Design
- Experience and Service Design
- Industrial and Brand Design
- Interior Architecture and Furniture Design
- Visual Communication
The Faculty of Technology
- Materials And Production Engineering
- Mechanical and Production Engineering (Mechatronics)
- Information Technology
- Environmental Technology
Faculty of Social and Health Care
- Social Services
- Nursing, Registered Nurse
- Nursing, Public Health Nurse
- Developing and Management of Social and Health Care (Master's degree)
The Ministry of Education and Culture has decided to foreclose the Degree Programmes of Fine Arts, Music and Drama and also Tourism and Hospitality due to the structural development of Universities of Applied Sciences.
Lahti University of Applied Sciences has a very active student union, LAMKO. It has subdivisions at all of LUAS faculties.