|English: 'My Kazakhstan'|
Text and score of the National Anthem of Kazakhstan Менің Қазақстаным (Meniń Qazaqstanym).
National anthem of Kazakhstan
|Lyrics||Jumeken Najimedenov, 1956|
Nursultan Nazarbayev, 2006
|Music||Shamshi Kaldayakov, 1956|
|Adopted||7 January 2006|
|Preceded by||"Anthem of the Republic of Kazakhstan"|
"My Kazakhstan" (instrumental)
Meniń Qazaqstanym (Cyrillic: Менің Қазақстаным, pronounced [mjɪnɪɴ qɑzɑqˈstɑnəm]; lit. 'My Kazakhstan') is the national anthem of Kazakhstan, adopted on 7 January 2006. It is based on a homonymous song written in 1956 composed by Shamshi Kaldayakov and written by Jumeken Najimedenov. This replaced the former anthem used after independence, which followed the melody of the anthem of the Kazakh SSR. The original lyrics were modified by president Nursultan Nazarbayev before the decree was issued.
|National anthems of Kazakhstan|
This song is based on a Kazakh patriotic song of the same name written in 1956 in response to the Soviet Virgin Lands program. There is debate over whether it was to celebrate the program or to insist Soviet authorities should not turn Kazakhstan into Russia's corn belt.
|Wikisource has the official lyrics for this national anthem:|
"Meniń Qazaqstanym" is played during official state ceremonies and social functions, such as sporting events involving national sports teams of Kazakhstan. The performance of the anthem is not regulated by any government law; however, there is traditional protocol that is employed during a performance of the song. Most citizens put their hands over their heart while singing the anthem following United States practice. Traditionally universal etiquette is to stand during the performance. Officers and personnel of the Kazakh Armed Forces offer a Russian-style military salute when in uniform during the performance of the anthem when not in formation.
2012 sporting event incident
In March 2012, a parody national anthem, "O Kazakhstan", featured in the soundtrack of the movie Borat, was mistakenly played at the International Shooting Grand Prix in Kuwait. The Gold-winning medalist, Mariya Dmitriyenko, stood on the dais while the entire parody was played. The team complained, and the award ceremony was re-staged. The incident apparently resulted from the wrong song being downloaded from YouTube at the last minute. Senior officials in Kazakhstan were furious with the error and vowed to make a complaint to their Kuwaiti counterparts.
A similar incident had taken place earlier that month at the grand opening of a ski resort in Kostanai, in which the first bar of Ricky Martin's single "Livin' La Vida Loca" was played instead of "Meniń Qazaqstanym".
- The CIA World Factbook 2012 Central Intelligence Agency - 2011 "National anthem: name: “Menin Qazaqstanim” (My Kazakhstan) lyrics/music: Zhumeken NAZHIMEDENOV"
- Embassy of Kazakhstan in New Delhi, India : Weekly News Archived 2007-11-24 at the Wayback Machine
- "Агентство Республики Казахстан по делам государственной службы". 2006. Archived from the original on 13 May 2007. Retrieved 13 May 2007. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Marshall, Alex (2015). Republic or Death! Travels in Search of National Anthems. London: Random House Books. pp. 140–144. ISBN 9781847947413.
'Imagine if someone came and tried to break up London,' [Shamshi Kaldayakov's son] Mukhtar says, hitting a table in disgust. 'It's just like that. My father composed the song to stop them doing this. "Don't do it. This is our land."'
- "Qazaqstan Respublikasınıñ Memlekettik Gimni". kazinform.
- "Қазақстан Республикасының Мемлекеттік Гимні". akorda.kz.
- "Državni simboli Republike Kazahstan – National Anthem of the Republic of Kazakhstan". mfa.gov.kz. 2017-04-11.
- "Borat anthem played by mistake at medals ceremony". Eurosport Yahoo! UK. Mar 24, 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-03-26. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Borat anthem stuns Kazakh gold medallist in Kuwait". BBC. 23 March 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National anthems of Kazakhstan.|
- Kazakh.ru — This Russian language website with news about Kazakhstan has an article about the new state anthem, with an MP3 vocal file
- "National Anthem of Kazakhstan - 'Менің Қазақстаным' (Cool Instrumental Version)" — Instrumental version in E Minor
- "Meniñ Qazaqstanım (1956) [Original Kazakh National Anthem-Song]" — Original 1956 song
Anthem of the Republic of Kazakhstan
| National Anthem of Kazakhstan