National Library of Luxembourg
|Bibliotheque Nationale du Luxembourg|
|Reference to legal mandate||Law of 25 June 2004 on the reorganization of State cultural institutes|
Law of 24 June 2010 on public libraries
|Location||37D, Avenue John F. Kennedy|
Kirchberg, Luxembourg City
|Branches||87 members of the bibnet.lu network|
|Size||1.8 million printed documents|
20,000 audiovisual documents
77,800 titles of electronic periodicals
|Access and use|
|Access requirements||Anyone can register for free. Home loans are only available to residents of Luxembourg or neighbouring regions over the age of 14, as well as to students registered with a higher education organization approved by the Luxembourg State.|
|Director||Claude Dario Conter|
|Parent organization||Ministry of Culture|
The National Library of Luxembourg (French: Bibliothèque nationale du Luxembourg), abbreviated as BnL, is Luxembourg's national library. The BnL is Luxembourg's legal deposit and copyright library. It was established in 1899 in place of the municipal library which dated from 1798. As of 2019[update], its collection includes, amongst others, 1.8 million printed documents, 20,000 audiovisual documents, 77,800 titles of electronic periodicals, 641,000 ebooks and 390 databases. In September 2019, the BnL was consolidated into a new purpose built complex on Avenue John F. Kennedy in Kirchberg, Luxembourg City. The BnL is responsible for the management of the bibnet.lu network, gathering Luxembourg's 87 public libraries.
- La Bibliothèque nationale de Luxembourg. Luxembourg 2007. ISBN 2-87980-053-6
- Jean-Marie Reding: "Das Bibliothekswesen Luxemburgs, ein Überblick". In: Bibliothek Forschung und Praxis. 32.2008,3, pp. 325–334.
- Jean-Marie Reding: Welches Bibliothekssystem? Universität Luxemburg. Forum für Politik, Gesellschaft und Kultur, 02.2004.
- "BnL - en bref" [BnL - in brief]. bnl.public.lu (in French). Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- "Un nouveau bâtiment pour la BnL" [A new building for the BnL]. bnl.public.lu (in French). Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- "Réseau des bibliothèques luxembourgeoises bibnet.lu" [Network of Luxembourg libraries bibnet.lu]. bibnet.lu (in French). Retrieved 14 October 2019.
|This Luxembourg-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to library science or information science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|