This article relies largely or entirely on a single source
. (December 2016)
Print shops in the 15th century per establishment date and book output
In publishing, printers are both companies providing printing services and individuals who directly operate printing presses.
- Newspaper printers, often owned by newspaper publishers
- Magazine printers, usually independent of magazine publishers
- Book printers, often not directly connected with book publishers
- Stationery printers
- Packaging printers
- Trade printers, who offer wholesale rates within the printing industry
- Large format printers, who specialize in wide format prints, such as signs and banners.
An artist who operates a printing press to execute their own works of printing press such as, hand in limited runs. That is usually distinguished from other printers by the term printmaker.