Roxbury Community College
|President||Dr. Valerie Roberson|
Roxbury Community College (RCC) is a public community college in the Roxbury neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts. RCC offers associate degrees in arts, and sciences, as well as certificates. RCC also has a program for students to earn a bachelor's degree from the Eastern Nazarene College in Quincy.
Founded in 1973, the 16-acre, 6 building campus houses classrooms in addition to specialized science and computer laboratories. The campus also has operates the Reggie Lewis Track & Athletic Center and the RCC Media Arts Center. In June 2012, Roxbury's president Terrence Gomes agreed to resign in the wake of an ongoing audit by the U.S. Department of Education, "questionable allocations in a review of financial aid records" conducted by the state auditor, and allegations of underreported crimes on campus.
In June 2019, The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing decided to withdraw the accreditation of the nursing program due to a series of leadership and financial issue at the college. The program has been probation since February and now new student have entered the program since November 2019.
Roxbury Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Sports offered at RCC include: Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Soccer, Men's Indoor Track and Field, Women's Indoor Track and Field, Men Outdoor Track and Field, and Women's Outdoor Track and Field.
- Roxbury Community College Associate of Arts degrees
- Roxbury Community College Associate of Science degrees
- Roxbury Community College Certificate programs
- Eastern Nazarene College Bachelor of Arts in Management
- "Reggie Lewis Center". www.rcc.mass.edu. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Media Arts Center". www.rcc.mass.edu. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- Adrian Walker (June 18, 2012). "Embattled Roxbury Community College president agrees to step down". Boston Globe. Retrieved June 19, 2012.
- "Roxbury Community College President Resigns Amid Turmoil". Inside Higher Ed. June 19, 2012. Retrieved June 19, 2012.
- Fernandes, Deirdre (2019-06-13). "Roxbury Community College's nursing program loses accreditation". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2019-06-24.
|This article about a university or college in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a building or structure in Boston is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|