Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences
|Established||provisional 1992 (perm. 1995)|
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (Finnish: Seinäjoen ammattikorkeakoulu) is a local municipality-owned Finnish institution of higher education based in six municipalities of Southern Ostrobothnia.
The Finnish higher education system is divided into traditional research universities, which focus more on academic research, and universities of applied sciences, which emphasize more working life connections. Seinäjoki UAS is a university of applied sciences. See Finnish educational system.
Available faculties are:
- School of Business and Culture
- School of Food and Agriculture
- School of Health Care and Social Work
- School of Technology
Seinäjoki UAS provides education aiming at high-level professional qualification in the following fields:
- Social sciences, Business and Administration
- Technology, Communication and Transport
- Natural Resources and the Environment
- Social services, Health and Sports
- Tourism, Catering and Domestic Services
Seinäjoki UAS has 19 Bachelor and 7 Master's degree programmes. Three degree programmes are totally taught in English: Degree programme in International Business (BBA), Master's Degree programme in International Business Management (MBA) and Degree programme in Nursing (RN).
Also double degree programmes are available in the fields of technology and business.
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (in Finnish) (in English)
- SAMO – Student Union of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (in Finnish) (in English)