Space Studios Manchester
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Space Studios Manchester|
|Former names||The Space Project|
|Alternative names||Space Studios|
|Type||Film and television studios|
|Address||Space Studios Manchester, Vaughan Street, West Gorton, Manchester, M12 5FQ|
|Owner||Manchester City Council|
|Floor area||85,000 sq. ft.|
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||Willmott Dixon|
Construction began in 2013 and it opened in October 2014 as a spin off to The Sharp Project. It is currently 360,000 square feet in size, which includes 85,000 square feet of studio space, with plans to expand the site further. Productions filmed at the facility include The A Word, Houdini and Doyle and stunt scenes used in Coronation Street. It is also now the home for the BBC's Dragons' Den.
- Clarke, Tom (23 January 2014). "New Manchester TV production site – name and brand announced". The Sharp Project. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Wheatstone, Richard (27 January 2014). "Out of this world: Space Project to make Gorton a TV drama capital". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "The Space Project reveals plans for expansion". Manchester City Council. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "The A Word". BBC Media Centre. 26 October 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Hartley, Sarah (24 June 2015). "Houdini & Doyle heads to the Space Project". Prolific North. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Coronation Street: watch first scenes from the shocking minibus crash". s.tv. 12 January 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
|This article about a film studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|