|This is Chicdat's talk page, where you can send him messages and comments.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
For LGBTQ Pride Month, I have a new signature. I'm not LGBT (or Q), but I do support the LGBT community, and rainbow flags take priority over chicken heads. (If you want the chicken head to come back, it'll be there on July 1.) 🏳️🌈 Chicdat Bawk to me! 10:08, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
I formally agree to a voluntary restriction. I will treat this like an involuntary editing restriction, and administrators may treat this the same way. The details are:
- I can edit freely in certain areas. They include
- Everything in mainspace and talkspace
- Everything in WikiProject Tropical cyclones
- Redirects for discussion
- All areas of the village pump
- Using my pending changes reviewer user right
- I may not:
- Involve myself with blocks or unblocks, except my own
- Interact with until he/she is unblocked
- Edit in any way an admin noticeboard, except in discussions concerning me and to appeal this ban
- Close any discussion, except to withdraw if I started it (per ANI discussion)
- Edit any other noticeboard (see below)
- Edit WP:SPI
- Retarget project-space redirects without a discussion at RFD
- I may, but only under scrutiny in exceptional circumstances, edit:
- AIV (e.g. a vandal destroying large numbers of pages)
- UAA (e.g. an extraordinarily disruptive username, like "XXXX should be dead")
- RFPP (e.g. a page being vandalized 30 times in 10 minutes)
- An extremely controversial article
- Templates (only after discussion and testing in the sandbox)
- ? ? ? ? CommanderWaterford (talk) 22:38, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- As your mentor I'll watch over you in regards to your restrictions. To admins: I don't think Chicdat should not be indefinitely blocked in all areas of Wikipedia when he's violating these conditions multiple times. I'll prefer a temporary partial block (on Wikipedia: space in particular), but if these things build up, eventual indefinite partial block. (Reason why I said this is because this is how topic bans normally work) BTW, here's your adopt page to continue your lessons, and please read policies and guidelines to help answering these questions. MarioJump83! 07:35, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
- Apparently what you are doing here is WP:HOUNDING which is a form of harassment against a user, by checking his contributions and spuriously taking responsibility of the articles that cannot be checked at least not under a minute the way you are doing.
WP:PROXYING says: "Wikipedians in turn are not permitted to post or edit material at the direction of a banned or blocked editor (sometimes called proxy editing or proxying) unless they are able to show that the changes are either verifiable or productive and they have independent reasons for making such edits. "
Where are your independent reasons other than to "I want to preserve creations of Kashmorwiki"? That's not a valid reason but violation of WP:PROXYING.
Since a number of users have already raised concern over your spurious attempts to take responsibility, I am going to give you an opportunity to self-revert yourself on these all articles that weren't edited by you before they were tagged for deletion. Failing this, I will need to report you to WP:AN. Abhishek0831996 (talk) 08:25, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
- Chicdat, I understand that you don't want Kashmorwiki's articles to be deleted, but you are not in a position to be saving his articles right now due to the scrutiny of your actions to do with Kashmorwiki; and it would probably be a good idea for you to stop taking responsibility for his articles .Jackattack1597 (talk) 11:10, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
- I may agree with Abhishek and Jackattack here. Given you are scrutinized over your actions with Kashmor you shouldn't take responsibility over these articles. I recommend that you have to self-revert these edits: Special:Diff/1021727837, Special:Diff/1021727467, Special:Diff/1021727330 and Special:Diff/1021727380. MarioJump83! 12:59, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
- Since you didn't get active during May 7 I have reverted your edits, please see Special:Diff/1021727380 and Special:Diff/1021727467 for the reason. MarioJump83! 03:54, 8 May 2021 (UTC)
- I have clarified that I can edit in any area relating to my pending changes reviewer rights. 🐔 Chicdat Bawk to me! 10:23, 30 May 2021 (UTC)
Pending changes reviewer granted
Hello. Your account has been granted the "pending changes reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on pages protected by pending changes. The list of articles awaiting review is located at Special:PendingChanges, while the list of articles that have pending changes protection turned on is located at Special:StablePages.
Being granted reviewer rights neither grants you status nor changes how you can edit articles. If you do not want this user right, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time.
- Wikipedia:Reviewing pending changes, the guideline on reviewing
- Wikipedia:Pending changes, the summary of the use of pending changes
- Wikipedia:Protection policy#Pending changes protection, the policy determining which pages can be given pending changes protection by administrators.
- Like +1! Nice, congrats on getting PCR! 🌀CycloneFootball71🏈 |sandbox 22:08, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you! I've already started reviewing a few pages, and I hope to keep down that backlog. 🐔 Chicdat Bawk to me! 10:21, 30 May 2021 (UTC)
- Some editors have been putting together a Wikipedia:Tips for pending changes reviewers page. As you start reviewing pending changes, if you encounter situations where you feel it would be helpful to have tips from other reviewers, add to the page or bring it up on its Talk. Happy reviewing! Schazjmd (talk) 17:30, 30 May 2021 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Defender of the Wiki Barnstar|
|Congratulations on being in the top 3 most active pending changes reviewers in the last 30 days. Great job. –Novem Linguae (talk) 07:50, 8 June 2021 (UTC)|
Please don't be embarrassed
- Actually, those replies were more valid than my !vote, so.... 🏳️🌈 Chicdat Bawk to me! 09:52, 12 June 2021 (UTC)
Your revert on My Hero Academia (season 5)
The information was not unsourced. There is a source at the top of the table with the information, which is a common citation method for shows that are currently airing weekly. Please remember this for future note. Link20XX (talk) 22:49, 13 June 2021 (UTC)
Some recent problematic edits
It has been brought to my attention that you've carried out some more problematic edits recently. First of all, your WPTC invitation to CycloneEditor was much too early. We usually don't invite accounts with that little editing history, especially accounts that are not even a day old! Please refrain from making further invitations until you're ready for more adminspace edits. We have another active editors who are capable of handing invitations. Also, you are violating your informal adminspace ban again. One recent example is your revert on My Hero Academia (season 5). That shouldn't have been done. You definitely shouldn't be reverting any edits outside of clear, obvious vandalism and obvious socking for the foreseeable future. I shouldn't have to remind you that continued violations of your informal ban can lead to more serious consequences, including a formalization of the ban at a minimum, as well as sanctions (as an example). Please stay out of adminspace and administrative edits in general. Thank you. LightandDark2000 🌀 (talk) 14:54, 14 June 2021 (UTC)