Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
Đại học Quốc gia Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh
|Established||January 27, 1995|
|President||Huỳnh Thành Đạt|
|Campus||Suburban, 643.7 hectares|
Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City (VNUHCM, Vietnamese: Đại học Quốc gia Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh) is one of the two largest national universities in Vietnam (the other is Vietnam National University, Hanoi), founded on 27 January 1995, and reorganized on 12 February 2001, under the Decision no. 15/2001/QĐ-TTg by the Prime Minister of Vietnam Phan Văn Khải. The university now provides undergraduate and graduate education to 56,427 students, including:
- 99 undergraduate programs
- 105 M.Sc and M.Eng programs
- 79 doctoral programs
The education professionals cover technology, natural sciences, basic sciences, social and humanity sciences, literature, foreign languages, and business. The headquarters of the university is in Linh Trung ward, Thủ Đức District, Ho Chi Minh City. The university is planning a campus project the area of 643.7 ha.
- 1 History
- 2 Member universities and institute
- 2.1 VNUHCM-University of Technology
- 2.2 VNUHCM-University of Science
- 2.3 VNUHCM-University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- 2.4 VNUHCM-International University
- 2.5 VNUHCM-University of Information Technology
- 2.6 VNUHCM-University of Economics and Law
- 2.7 VNUHCM-Institute of Environment and Resources
- 2.8 VNUHCM-School of Medicine
- 2.9 VNUHCM-An Giang University
- 3 Affiliated units
- 4 Board of Presidents
- 5 See also
- 6 Notes
- 7 External links
Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City was founded on 27 January 1995 by Government Decree 16/CP on the basis of the merger of nine universities (members): (University of Ho Chi Minh City, Thu Duc Technology Training University, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh City University of Agriculture and Sylviculture, University of Economics, University of Accounting and Finance, Ho Chi Minh City Pedagogical University, Ho Chi Minh City Architecture University, branch of Law University of Hanoi into eight members and officially declared on 6 February 1996.
On 12 February 2001, Vietnamese Prime Minister Phan Văn Khải signed a Decision no. 15/2001/QĐ-TTg on the reorganization of this university. According to the decision, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City, the same applied for Vietnam National University, Hanoi, shall have specific internal organization and activity (unlike the one applicable for other Vietnamese universities), will be given priority to involve in education of postgraduate and science research of spheres of technologies, to be a pioneer in education and science, to contribute significantly to the country's economic and scientific development.
Also in this decision, some member universities were split from Ho Chi Minh City National University and came under the management of the Ministry of Education. At present, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City consists of six member universities, one school, and one institute:
- VNUHCM-University of Technology
- VNUHCM-University of Science
- VNUHCM-University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- VNUHCM-International University
- VNUHCM-University of Information Technology
- VNUHCM-University of Economics and Law
- VNUHCM-Institute for Environment and Resources
- VNUHCM-School of Medicine
Member universities and institute
Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City includes the following members:
This university offers:
- Education of engineers: IT, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electricity – Electronics, Construction and Civil, Applied Sciences, Industrial Management, Environment Management, Geology–Petroleum Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Materials Technology
- Master's degree: Drilling and Petrochemical Engineering, Biology, MBA, Technical Physics, Mineral Geology and Exploration, Environmental Geology, Geological Technics, Mapping, Remote Sensing, Applied Maths, Computer Sciences, Technical Mechanics, Engine Manufacture Engineering, Rough Draft Production, Industry System, Automobile Technics & Tack, Electrical grid and generator, Automation, Electronics, Chemical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Chemical Process and Equipment, Geodesy, Food and Beverage Technology, Civil and Construction, Bridge Construction Engineering, Road Construction Engineering, Waterway Construction Engineering, Offshore Structural Construction, Geotechnology, Construction Materials and construction materials Engineering, Construction Management, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Metal Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Management, Construction Equipment.
- Doctoral Degree: Business Administration, Technical Physics, Quaternary geology, geo-tectonic, Mapping, Food and Beverage Processing, Engine Manufacturing Engineering, Textile Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Organic Chemical Engineering, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Material Shaping Engineering, Airconditioning Engineering, Thermal Equipment Engineering, New Energy, Geodesy, Food and Beverage Technology, Civil and Construction, Bride Construction Engineering, Road Construction Engineering, Waterway Construction Engineering, Offshore Structural Construction, Geotechnology, Construction Materials and construction materials Engineering, Construction Management, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Metal Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Management, Construction Equipment.
- University-level education of Mathematics and Computer Science, Information Technology, Physics and Engineering Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Biology, Biotech, Environmental Sciences, Material Sciences, Electronic and Telecommunication Science.
- College level of IT, Electronics, Math – Applied IT.
- Master's Degree: Experimental biology, Microbiology, Ecology, Genetics, Theoretical Physics and Mathematical Physics, Radio-physics and Electronics, Atomic Physics, Nuclear and High-energy, Optics, Physics of the globe, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Theoretical Chemistry, Geology, Petrology, Mineralogy and Geochemistry, Hydrogeology, Construction Geology, Oceanography, Hydrometeorology, Differential and Integral Calculus, Algebra and Number Theory, Topology and Geometry, Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics, Optimization theory, Mathematical Assurance of Computer Systems, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Applied Mechanics, Theoretical Mechanics.
- Doctoral Degree: Human and Animal Physiology, Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Ecology, Genetics, Theoretical Physics and Mathematical Physics, Radio-Physics and Electronics, Atomic Physics and Nuclear, High-energy Physics, Solid State Physics, Optical, Mechanical, Body Solid, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Petrology, Mineralogy, Geochemistry, marine fossils of marine dynamics, marine chemistry, Differential and Integral Calculus, Differential and Integral Equations, Algebra and Number Theory, Topology and Geometry, Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics, Theory and Optimization, Computer Science, Environmental Land and Water, Micro Electronics and circuit design.
- University level education of Psychology, Philosophy, Literature and Press, International Relations, Orient Research, History, Social Work, Tourism, English Literature, Korean Studies, Russian Literature, Japanese Studies, French Literature, Italian Literature, Chinese Literature, German Literature, Geography, Social Studies, Education Studies, Cultural Studies, Library - Information, Sociology, Vietnamese Studies and Vietnamese language for foreigners.
- Master's level education of Asian studies, Social science, Ethnography, Urban Studies, Geography Studies, Sino-Vietnamese characters, Archaeology, Library Information Science, History of the Communist Party of Vietnam, History of world, History of Vietnam, Literary theory, Theory and Method of teaching English, Linguistics, Russian Literature, French Literature, Anthropology, International Relations, Management Education, Resource and Environmental Management, Philosophy, Cultural Studies, Foreign Literature, Literature of Vietnam, Vietnam Studies, Sociology, etc.
- Doctoral Degree: Dialectical materialism and Historical materialism, Ethnology, Archaeology, History of World, History of Vietnam, Literary Theory, Linguistics, Comparative Linguistics, Russian Literature, Resource and Environmental Management, Cultural Studies, Literature of Vietnam, Cultural Studies
Ho Chi Minh City International University is a research-oriented university founded in 2003 and it became the first public university in Vietnam whose language of teaching is mainly English. It is now in cooperation with University of Nottingham, University of the West of England, Auckland University of Technology, Binghamton University, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, University of New South Wales, Asian Institute of Technology and The Catholic University of America. Diploma may be issued by National University or by its partners.
- The university offers undergraduate programmes : Aquatic Resource Management, Automation & Control Engineering, Banking & Finance, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Financial Engineering & Risk Management, Food Technology, Industrial System Engineering, Information Technology, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Space Engineering.
- The university offers graduate programmes in: Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Electrical Engineering, Aquatic Resource Management, Information Technology Management, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Public Management, Science in Leadership (Degree from College of Professional studies, Northeastern University).
- The university offer Ph.D. programmes : Biotechnology and Business Administration.
- University level education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information System and Network and Communication.
- Master's Degree: Computer Science
- Doctoral Degree: Computer Science
The university was founded in 2000 as the Faculty of Economics under Viet Nam National University, Ho Chi Minh City. In 2010, the faculty was promoted to member university status.
- University level education of Economics, External Economics, Community Economics, Finance and Banking, Accounting/Auditing, Info Network, Business Administration, Business Law and International Trade Law.
- Master's Degree: Economics, Economics and Public Management, Political Economy, International Economics, Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Economic Law, Civil Law and Civil Procedure.
- Doctoral Degree: Economics, political economy, finance-banking, Economic Law
VNUHCM-Institute of Environment and Resources
VNUHCM-School of Medicine
VNUHCM-An Giang University
- High School for the Gifted
- John von Neumen Insitute
- Institute of University Governance
- International Education Institute
- IC Design Research and Education Center
- Integrated Circuit Research and Education Center
- Institute for Nanotechnology
- Center for Political Science
- Center for Predoctoral Training
- Campus in Ben Tre Province
- Center for National Defense Studies and Student Securiry
- Central Library
- Publishing House
- Information Technology Park
- Center for Educational Testing and Quality Assessment
- Center of Water Management and Climate Change
- Center for Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer
- Journal of Science and Technology Development
- Center for Dormitory Management
- Center for Investment Promotion and Services
- Center for Campus Management and Development
- Construction Project Management Unit
- Development Foundation
- English Testing Center
- Center for Innovative Materials and Architectures (INOMAR)
Board of Presidents
President: Huỳnh Thành Đạt
- Vũ Hải Quân
- Government Decree 16/CP on establishment of HCMC NU, dated 27 January 1995
- http://en.vnuhcm.edu.vn/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=52 "Organizational Structure"
- "Thông tin chung - Trường Đại học Quốc Tế - Tuyển sinh đại học năm 2016". Trường Đại học Quốc Tế - Tuyển sinh đại học năm 2016 (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "International University - Graduate Admission". www.hcmiu.edu.vn. Retrieved 2016-12-05.