Welcome to WikiProject Wikipedia-Books. This is a collaboration dedicated to improving Wikipedia’s coverage and documentation of Wikipedia-Books (from now on, simply 'books'); as well as to improve and maintain the organization of book, books-related categories, and books-related templates; and help people on everything related to books (writing advice, template advice, bugs in the software, and so on). If you would like to help, please join the project, check out the talk page once in a while (or watch it) and see the to-do list below. Other WikiProjects can help by adding the book-class to their Project's banner (see the how-to guide).
A bunch of printed Wikipedia books, on a variety of topics
Scope and goals
This WikiProject aims to help users write Wikipedia-Books, and guide the use of the Wikipedia-Books tools, the Wikipedia:Books page and subpages.
The core of the project is all the pages in the Book namespace (i.e. pages that start with Book:...), and any category or template that deal with these pages. Also concerned are the pages related to the book tool.
In the long run we hope to have books that are good enough to be traditionally published. That means they would get an ISBN, be available in stores, both online and offline, etc...
If you're interested in helping with this goal, please also visit the Publishing Wikipedia Books subproject.
Categories for discussion
Please join the project by signing here and list any areas of particular interest.
- Cerejota (talk · contribs) - I proposed, so I eat my own dog food. :D 23:40, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Andreas Kaufmann (talk · contribs) -- Interested in computer science and chess. 23:12, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Headbomb (talk · contribs) - I'll coordinate the efforts of this project as best I can. Basically I'll make sure things run smoothly and that resources and tools are readily available and up to date. I'll also act as a link between the devs and the community. 18:15, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
- IShadowed (talk · contribs) - Willing to participate as much as possible without conflict with scheduling. 21:40, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
- Steven Walling (talk · contribs) - Have tinkered with the books tool some and I'm definitely interested in helping out as I can. 22:13, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
- Pjoef (talk · contribs) ~ I'm using this tool since 2009, I created and updated many books, and I am "intrigued" (more correctly interested) to see where it will go. I'm very pleased to be here... hope to be of some help in the future, of course. 00:28, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
- Dylan620 (talk · contribs) - Mostly to create books on meteorology (i.e. hurricanes and tornadoes) and on rock music (famous rock bands I like). 22:25, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
- Dank (talk · contribs) - interested in copyediting and PediaPress. 19:24, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Rock drum (talk · contribs) - I really like Wikipedia books, I'd be happy to help out. 16:57, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- Presidentman (talk · contribs) - Social Studies books 16:56, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
- Captain Assassin! (talk · contribs) - 19:25, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Khanassassin (talk · contribs) - 15:31, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
- Smmmaniruzzaman (talk · contribs) (I am interested in working on History of Bangladesh, Bengali literature, Modernism, Postmodernism, and life of philosophers and etc.) 15:37, 6 May 2012 (UTC)
- Tuxlie (talk · contribs) (I am interested in working on Music Books) 13:54, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
- Amandajm (talk · contribs) (I want to add some "major work" pages to the Leonardo da Vinci book and remove the less relevant. My expertise is principally art and architecture, but my interests are wide ranging. ) 00:24, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- Montanabw (talk · contribs) Horses. 07:57, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- Mojoworker (talk · contribs) Military history. 16:19, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
- Merbst (talk · contribs) (Interested in creating a reference of all known Information Theoretic Codes & Coding Theory Concepts 02:23, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
- DENAMAX (talk · contribs)
- Jay2kx (talk · contribs) (Korean subjects.) 15:07, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
- StudiesWorld (talk) 20:04, 27 September 2014 (UTC)
- Esb5415 (talk · contribs) Sports, Space, and United States government/US state government. Contact with questions. Esb5415 23:38, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
- khamar (talk · contribs) Science, Math, Engineering, Skepticism.
- steelpillow (talk · contribs). No special interest, though I am keen on good quality processing/formatting and I have put together one book on aircraft. — Cheers, Steelpillow (Talk) 15:45, 4 September 2017 (UTC)
- Kepler-1229b (talk · contribs)
- Community books
- User books
Some news related to Wikipedia-Books.
- Template:Book can be used to create a basic main article and supporting articles book. The template also creates links to start subpages for a table of contents and introduction plus a books category based on the main article.