|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!
Welcome to WikiProject Theatre! The goal of this project is to improve all articles relating to theatre, making Wikipedia one of the best online resources on the subject.
As it currently stands, the vast majority of these articles are in need of some serious attention. While many of the important topics do have existing articles, the quality of these can be quite poor. If you would like to participate in the project, please sign up below, look for jobs in the to-do list, and join in with project-related discussions at the talk page.
Any and all articles related to theatre on Wikipedia, including, but not limited to:
- Drama (including plays)
- Theatrical biographies (such as playwrights, actors, theatre directors, theatrical producers and theatre companies)
- Theatre history (including Greek theatre, Chinese theatre, Roman theatre, Commedia dell'arte, Kabuki, Renaissance theatre, Epic theatre etc.)
- Modern theatre (i.e. experimental theatre, Theatre of Cruelty, physical theatre etc.)
- Genres (comedy, tragedy, etc.)
- Theatres, i.e. theatre buildings, venues and structures
- Stagecraft topics
Theatre is a very broad topic! There are several descendant and related projects to help organise work on theatrical articles:
- WikiProject Musical Theatre covers musicals and biographies relating solely to musical theatre.
- WikiProject New York City/Theatre covers theatre-related activities in the New York City area.
- WikiProject Shakespeare covers William Shakespeare and his works.
- WikiProject Stagecraft covers the details of stagecraft.
- Other related WikiProjects include
- WikiProject Dance
- WikiProject Opera
- WikiProject Literature
- WikiProject Circus
- To improve the quality of articles on theatre, bringing articles on important topics up to featured article standard.
- To create articles to cover the topic of theatre comprehensively, including articles on non-western theatre.
- To make Wikipedia the finest, most comprehensive resource of theatre topics available online.
The entire subject and Wikipedia's coverage of it is intended to be summarized in the Outline of theatre. It in turn is part of Wikipedia's outline system which is one of Wikipedia's main contents systems.
Please look it over and fill-in missing topics. If Wikipedia has an article or article section about those topics, please add links to them.
While analyzing the outline, please consider the following questions (and fix the outline as needed):
- What's missing?
- Is the structure of the outline (sections and indents) representative of the subject?
- Does the outline help understand the relationships between the topics presented in the best way possible?
The overall purpose of the outline is to help readers comprehend the subject by showing what belongs to it, and within the subject what belongs to what. It is a taxonomy of the subject, and also serves as a table of contents and navigation aid to browse Wikipedia's articles (and article sections) about the subject.
It is also a useful tool for the WikiProject to analyze, plan, develop, and revise theatre-related material. It is a hub from which to organize related topics. It was built as a "reverse outline", a structural model of an existing work, which in addition to being a summary of the work, can reveal the gaps and other weaknesses for revision purposes.
- Improve top priority theatre articles (stubs | start-class | C-class | B-class)
- Create new articles - we have a list of plays and related articles identified by the project at articles needing creation, or see the Theatre section of Wikipedia requested articles.
- Prioritise work on articles found in unknown-importance Theatre articles - see article assessment to help decide if an article is of top, high, mid or low importance to the project.
- Collaboration of the month - vote for the focus of next month's efforts.
- ...or work towards our goals in any way you can!
|To-do list for Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre:|
Did you know
- 31 Jul 2022 – Theatre Royal, Southampton was nominated for DYK by Cielquiparle (t · c); see discussion
Articles for deletion
- 05 Aug 2022 – Yana Ross was AfDed by HPfan4 (t · c); see discussion ( )
- 13 Jul 2022 – Chad Richardson AfDed by Son012189 (t · c) was closed as no consensus by Northamerica1000 (t · c) on 03 Aug 2022; see discussion ( ; relisted)
Categories for discussion
- 25 Jun 2022 – Category:Theaters in Dagestan was CfDed by Marcocapelle (t · c); see discussion
- 30 May 2022 – Category:Films featuring puppetry was CfDed by StarTrekker (t · c); see discussion
Redirects for discussion
Good article nominees
- 25 Jun 2022 – Red Jordan Arobateau was GA nominated by The Most Comfortable Chair (t · c); start discussion
- 23 Jun 2022 – Broadway Theatre (53rd Street) was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); start discussion
- 18 Apr 2022 – Village East by Angelika was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); start discussion
- 11 Apr 2022 – American Airlines Theatre was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); see discussion
- 08 Apr 2022 – Gershwin Theatre was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); start discussion
- 29 Mar 2022 – RKO Keith's Theater (Flushing, Queens) was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 01 Jul 2022 – Theatrical producer is proposed for merging to Theatre director by Shi Annan (t · c); see discussion
- 01 Jul 2022 – Theatre director is proposed for merging to Theatrical producer by Shi Annan (t · c); see discussion
- 10 Apr 2022 – Heath McIvor is proposed for merging to Randy Feltface by QuietHere (t · c); see discussion
Articles to be split
- 13 Jan 2022 – Bijou Theatre (Manhattan) is proposed for splitting by Epicgenius (t · c); see discussion
- 02 Sep 2017 – List of 20th-century writers is proposed for splitting by Koavf (t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 08 Aug 2022 – Draft:Jason Ardizzone-West has been submitted for AfC by SarahBoess (t · c)
- 05 Aug 2022 – Draft:Josephine Burton has been submitted for AfC by Pipop84 (t · c)
- 03 Aug 2022 – Draft:Groove Performance Group has been submitted for AfC by Radioactivejackal (t · c)
- 01 Aug 2022 – Draft:Jaan Tristan Kolberg has been submitted for AfC by Mallberrytrick (t · c)
- 01 Aug 2022 – Draft:Harriett D. Foy has been submitted for AfC by TheaterFan9900 (t · c)
- 30 Jul 2022 – Draft:Parksville Outdoor Theatre has been submitted for AfC by Rmanke (t · c)
- 22 Jul 2022 – Draft:Kamal Kaan has been submitted for AfC by Chellaedits (t · c)
- 21 Jul 2022 – Draft:Adi Jamaludin has been submitted for AfC by 22.214.171.124 (t · c)
- 19 Jul 2022 – Draft:Toy Factory Productions Ltd has been submitted for AfC by Fourseasonsoflife (t · c)
- 18 Jul 2022 – Draft:Around the Sun (audio drama) has been submitted for AfC by EleniH8382 (t · c)
- (15 more...)
Click to watch (Subscribe via RSS Atom) · Find Article Alerts for other topics!
Hi there! I came across this WikiProject and definitely think it links to my article that I am currently working on 'The Modern Theatre is the Epic Theatre'. I would really appreciate some feedback on my article from the reviewers connected to this WikiProject. Thanks guys! Happy editing!
|Theatre articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 96,890||Ω = 5.11|
|Articles assessed for quality: 99.8% complete|
Former Featured Articles
- See Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre/Featured Articles for a list of current and former featured articles.
Did you know (DYK)s
|WikiProject Theatre||(Rated NA-class)|
- Category:Musical theatre
- List of playwrights
- Movie palaces list
- List of musicals
- List of Canadian plays
- List of early-modern women playwrights (UK)
- Links to recent changes in theatre-related articles
- Internet Broadway Database
- Internet Movie Database - contains a surprising amount of information on live theatre.
- Playbill Magazine - information on current theatre.
- TheatreLinks - information on historic American theatres.
- Cinema Treasures - information about historic theatres that have served as cinemas.
- Internet Theatre Database
- de:Portal:Theater - the Theatre portal on the German Wikipedia
- AusStage - Gateway to the Australian Performing Arts
- Global Performing Arts Database
Popular pages: page view statistics
Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre/Popular pages shows the 1000 pages in this project that receive the most traffic. This gives an idea of which pages are popular and might need attention (if their quality level is not as high as we would wish).
- Steven Walling
- Dionysos Proteus
- Robert Greer
- Thomprod - stage manager, lighting designer, orchestra conductor, rehearsal pianist
- Mark E (talk)
- Declan Clam
- Mdukas - trained audience member
- Mfs1013 wants to program moving lights for theatre
- Matthewrbowker - High School Thespian, Lighting Designer
- Aaron Booth - Actor
- Blethering Scot
- ArtifexMayhem - Professional.
- Beth Phillips - Ph.D English/Theatre History. Doctoral dissertation on Clifford Odets; currently writing biography of Odets.
- Tito Dutta (talk)
- Sirkablaam Just did some theatre in high school and college.
- Jburlinson Restoration theatre and American theater.
- Maxim Stoyalov
- The Dancing Badger (talk)
- Saslos Theatre designers
- Alexandru M. (talk · contribs)
- Abishe (talk · contribs)
- Andrew Hendo (talk · contribs)
- Bardoleg (talk · contribs)
- ClarityKTMpls (talk · contribs)
- Menmsha Actor, musician. Primarily interested in Los Angeles theatre.
- PhantomRed Actor, singer.
- Elizabeth Tavares Renaissance/English theatre history
- 50DFF Interested in Irish Theatre
- Taranet (talk · contribs)
- Codecinderblock Lighting Designer
- Wale18 Actor
- BessieMaelstrom Playwright, theatre maker
- Chip Bored person
- Mónica Morgantown
- Babegriev (talk · contribs) Theatre enthusiast
- ThirdEchelon (talk) 12:46, 15 September 2020 (UTC) - music director, rehearsal pianist, orchestrator, actress
- Ninedragonspot American aficionado of traditional theater in the Sinosphere.
- Brucehs (talk · contribs) Lighting Designer and Theater Aninmal.
- Favour Oko
- Chongkian - Taiwan theaters
- Allyox (talk) primarily interested in Oxford-based theatre and theatre makers
- Kevin M Marshall
- Girl-razor, primarily interested in European theatre
- Duckie for broadway
- Canadian Scouter
- Steven J. Anderson
- Carole Higgins
- John Thaxter
- Sebbi - primarily interested in contemporary theatre practices.
- KlickingKarl - interest in UK theatre buildings.
- Brettstout Interest in movie palaces
- CPolo Interested in amateur theater
- Thatguykalem - Trained actor.
- Sean - HS Thespian and techie
- 15lsoucy - Plays of Racine
- waltjohnson - BA and MFA in Technical Theatre w/pro exp. ad Tech Dir, Asst Tech Dir, and Production Mgr
- OperaticNun - Interested in Irish and Shakespearean/classical theatre
- Sum (talk) 10:13, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- Act Class 1742
- ÇaCestCharabia - PhD Candidate in Theatre History
- Jwyllie - primary interest in improvisational theatre - co-founder of Canadian Improv Games - studied under David Shepherd
- JoyceJoyce1 - Professional.
- Alexroller - Professional actor doing mostly amateur productions, intend to pursue as a career.
- James Fahringer
- Alla Breve
- Leigh C. Tyler
- User:Nightenbelle - Minor in theater, Former High school Thespian, High School Theater Teacher, Active in the Twin Lakes Playhouse Community Theater.
- Dental plan (Lisa needs braces)
- Rosario Berganza
- Voltaire&Leibniz Enlightenment France and ancient Greek plays.
- Ninquelosse Oscar Wilde's plays
- Parasitaster - Elizabethan/Jacobean theatre; musical theatre; opera.
- Bd1896 - Ph.D. in Theatre/English Professor. 19c/early 20c US theatre.
- Chickeninapram - Deputy technical mgr RSC 1998-2003
- tomnnnn PhD Student. Interested in contemporary British theatre.
- Solness (talk · contribs)
- jwvarner Confused peasant looking for guidance.
- Paracosms (talk · contribs)
- User:aka bekka Modern Theater , Performance, live art
- Caleb Bond - Actor
- poisonborz Hungarian theatres and actors